CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 27, 2009

Anybody else TIRED of shaving????

I am SOOOO excited about something I just found out about that I just had to share it with everyone! I'm taking a vacation next month to Puerto Vallarta (YEY!) and I really dont want to deal with shaving every day. So, I was looking into waxing but it is SO expensive at the salon, well for me that I want to wax Everything! LOL... Anyway, I found a homemade wax recipe that I tried out and it works AMAZING!



Ingredients:
1 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup of honey
1/2 a lemon (just the juice)


Instructions:
You mix these ingredients in a bowl and put it in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. Mix it about every 20 -30 seconds during this time. It will be HOT- so be careful. You will need to let it cool down for a bit. Then use a butter knife, and put some on the area you want to wax (the wax should spread in the direction the hair is resting on your skin). Make sure it is a thin layer, less is more. Dont learn the hard way like me! Take a piece of cloth and place it over the wax. Rub it up and down. Hold the skin firmly with one hand, and then from the opposite side where the hair is growing rip it off- fast. It is not as painful as it sounds. Of course I've given birth twice, sooooo... yeah this is nothing! LOL... It could help to take an advil 1/2 hour before you do this.Good luck!

2 comments:

shannonb said...

That's cool that you found something that works and don't have to pay the spa fees. What a great way to prepare for a FUN vacation!!!!

Michelle said...

Wow! I'll have to try it! How are you my friend?