Okay something really funny, well not so funny happened. Robert and I started a salt water fish hobby about a year ago and we're soooo passionate about these fish because they are so beautiful. Robert wasnt too excited about it at first and tried to convince me as well as many others to first start with freshwater fish because salt water fish are so much more delicate and difficult to keep. But I had a DREAM! Inside I knew I could do it if I just decided to learn everything I could about them. I read many books, researched a lot on the net and jumped right in when I thought I was ready. I couldnt give up the beautiful bright colors that you will only find in salt water fish. Well very quickly Robert grew really interested in them and also fell in love with this hobby! We're fascinated by them and want to own every fish species we can! Kind of crazy I know, but it's so addicting and we love it.
So about a week ago, I gave Robert the heartbreaking news that his favorite animal in the aquarium (Jack the Shrimp) had died. He was really bummed. Our fish are very healthy and most of them we have had for many months if not almost a year. So it was a bit of a shock also.
Anyway, when Robert came home last night our son little Robert now 4 years old gives him the news again, "Daddy, daddy the shrimp died!" And Robert pretended he was crying (deep inside I know he was! Just kidding!) Then little Robert tries to cheer him up and says, "It's okay daddy, it's okay, we put him in the trash!"
... kids say the funniest things and they're so innocent! Here's a few pictures of our aquarium:
I discovered we have tons of small seastars in the sand while I was cleaning the tank. They're so small and blend so well that its almost impossible to find them! How cool is that though, that over time the aquarium is full of life!
Here below is a really cool fish called a Rabbitfish (they yellow one with black and white markings on his face). It's actually venomous so we have to make sure not to touch him when cleaning the tank! Then of course there's Dory (Blue Hippo Tang) one of my favorites, we've had her since she was a baby and has grown quite huge!
Friday, February 8, 2008
Salt Water Fish- Jack the Shrimp dies!
Posted by Erika Amezquita at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
the funnest part about reading everyone's blogs are the cute things their kids say. Your boys are so adorable. what a fun age this time is. Can't wait to read more.
that is so cute. little robert was trying to take care of daddy! :) i didn't know you guys had fish. i guess it's been a while since i've been over. we better do something about that :)
Glad to see the pictures up! Those fish are beautiful. And you're right... I forgot you haven't even been to our house. Maybe we should BBQ or something one of these days. I love spending time with you guys!
I grew up w/ a huge saltwater tank, it was my Dads BIG hobby. I loved having it, we would all sit as a family and just watch the fish for so long, I loved it. Thats so cool you guys have that, so sad that your shrimp fish died:(
Post a Comment