What an amazing weekend we spent at Saint Louis, MO! Boy was it cold, I had to go and buy snow boots because none of my shoes were fit for the weather (25 degrees!)- my feet were freezing! Here are just a few pictures we captured while there (couldnt get them all turned correctly, I'll fix them later):
We went to see the famous Gateway Arch and it was truely amazing. Some interesting information about it is:
Height- 630 Feet
Width- 630 Feet also
Architect- Eero Saarinen
Built- 2/12/63-10/28/65
Weight- 17,246 tons
Projected Life- 1,000 years!
Stairs- 1,076
Cost- $13 million
Outer Skin- Stainless Steel
Annual Visitation- 3.4 Million
Here is the view from the very top of the Arch looking out, very beautiful.
We also went to see the Museum and that was soooo much fun. Robert and I went with Kurt and Shannon and we had a blast. There was so much to do and not enough time to do everything! This museum was made with nothing but recycled items. There was a monster slide from the 3rd floor all the way down, HUGE aquariums with everything from Salt water fish to crocodiles and snakes. We also made snowflakes while listening to a story about a wounded butterfly.
LOL... I still laugh everytime I see this picture...
This was so much fun! But it's a lot harder than it looks! The next day I was really hurting in my arms and back! I thought it was the bed at first, but it was too sore to be the bed. I felt like I got a beating or something, Geez! Wont be doing that again anytime soon... well who knows 'cause it was fun!
Hurry up and take the picture before it attacks me!
The biggest underwear in the world...
Monkeying around
On our flight home I read 2 incredible books:
I ready "Balcony People" and that was pretty powerful. It made me take a close look at myself to see if I truely was a balcony person, or a basement person. I'm working on applying these principles in my life right now and making a concious effort to be a balcony person to everyone I know.
The other book I read has to be one of my favorites:
How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People.
This book I will definitely be re-reading over and over again until I master the principles in this book. This book really helps you understand people and the way they think and act and how you should deal with them in an effective way. I love this book!
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Saint Louis, MO
Posted by Erika Amezquita at 10:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
How funny... I just posted about the same things! We had so much fun! Loved the museum. I will definitely email you with the video and some photos, probably this weekend. Love ya!
Cool books! I havent read the Balcony one but it sounds great! Im glad you guys had such a great trip. I am looking forward to the next one, so I can stay for the WHOLE thing :) You are awesome!
Post a Comment