Okay, let me apologize ahead of time if this comes out depressing! Robert just left today and it was so hard for me! You'd think I'd get used to it since it's already been 8 months living apart! But you can never get used to it. I dont know about you guys but for some reason I try to play the strong one in front of him, I rarely cry in front of him but once he's out the door I'm bawling! Why is that??? Anybody else out there relate? I dont know why I try to act so strong and keep myself under control like that!?!?
Well today we went out to have lunch with our kids before he had to make the drive out to CA. After lunch it was time to go so he kissed the kids and we reminded eachother that this was only temporary and in less than 2 months he would do everything possible to get transfered back to AZ. So he left and once I hit the freeway I couldnt hold back the tears. I just thought about all the single mothers there are out there struggling all by themselves. And even though I'm not a single mom and I'm so blessed to have a loving husband, I feel like one sometimes because I'm here alone with the kids. Of course the music in the background had to make it worse. The song playing said:
Oh oh we need each other
So what’s the fighting for
Oh oh we need each other
Please don’t close the door
Oh oh we need each other
Through all the highs and lows
Oh oh we need each other
Cuz I don’t want to be alone
Dont you hate it when you're so emotional and then somebody comes to you and tries to comfort you by saying, "Are you okay?" Because at least for me, it makes it even worse because then I start sobbing! That's what this song reminded me of.
Sorry I kept this going I just felt the need to "Let it all out!" Inside I know that things are going to completely turn around for us in just a matter of a short time. I feel optimistic for our future, I just cant wait until Robert comes home and stays home!
Monday, February 11, 2008
Sad Goodbye!
Posted by Erika Amezquita at 5:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Erika - You are such a strong woman! Don't ever forget that. Of course it's hard to be living apart from your husband right now, but you know in your heart he's there for you and the boys. It's going to be a great year! Just stay positive and know he'll be home soon - for good! It's ok to be sad... that's a very emotional thing. But remember, you have a wonderful family, a wonderful husband, and soon everything will fall back into place. You are NOT a single mom and are very blessed to have a loving family... Keep your head up sweetie! It won't be long. And if you ever need anything at all, you know I'm here for you. Love you! Shannon
Are you kidding me?! You have EVERY right to feel emotional, you have been doing something that would give many women a nervous breakdown. You are a loving wife and a loving mother. I am so proud of you for all you do, and pray for you that you will all be living under one roof A.S.A.P. Love ya much.
Let it all out! I am so in awe that you are able to do all that you do and everytime I see you you have a smile! It breaks my heart to know what happens behind closed doors. Man I pray that these next few months will go by so fast for you. Just hang in there and don't be afraid to cry in front of him! Just ask Casey, I do it all the time!!! Ok I'm trying to be funny now, (it's true though)sorry. I love you and I am so thankful this is just a temporary time for you guys.
this would be so hard. I tip my hat off to you. I don't think I could be as strong. Hey if you ever want some company in a week or two I should be good enough to go out with Kathryn. We would love to come visit and see your handscome boys. If you need anything please let me know. I hope you had a great time in St Louis. Looks like it from Shannons pictures. Wished I was there.
Post a Comment